San Diego, California

We called Supreme Outlet regarding a heavily damaged $400 Avanti wine cooler that we received from them. We sent them pictures of the damage which could not have happened in shipping because there was absolutely no indication from the carton or it's interior packing material, that any damage could not have occurred to the contents in shipping. However, when we opened up the carton it was impossible to imagine that the Avanti cooler could not have been damaged prior to packing. Supreme Outlet said that they inspected it before it was shipped, but that is just inconceivable, because even the interior packing material like the heavy cardboard corners show not even the slightest damage neither does the Styrofoam base where the bashed up bottom and bashed in screw feet sat. The damage was such that we could not have done it ourselves even if we had dropped it from a 2 story building. There was a very heavy metal door hinge that was actually bent down 45 degrees, yet the glass door wasn't broken (we can't even imagine a possibility how this could have happened, other than it had to have occurred prior to the door being hung. The packaging was the only thing holding the door on. I have a feeling that since this was packed in the manufacturers packaging, that Supreme Outlet didn't unpack, inspect it and then repack it,-(although they claim that they did to cover their liability, but that is impossible)--- most probably, this was ordered through Supreme Outlet- yet sent to us directly from the Avanti manufacturers warehouse. I'm sure that is how their online business works.

So far we have received emails and have had conversations with customer service that claimed that they would have UPS come out and inspect it---but oops--we had to have saved every square inch of packing material--and we have-- all except for the cardboard carton which was cut up in opening the product. Apparently if they could pin this on UPS then they would refund our money. We have all the interior packing material which would definately prove to UPS that they did not drop the item.

Bottom line is that Supreme Outlet or Avanti sent us a damaged item--AND this is not the first review of this kind for Supreme Outlet--other reports of damaged items received and in particular Avanti wine coolers. They claim that they have a new customer service dept. and not to pay heed to the past bad reviews. So far this appears to be the same 'pass the buck policy' that I have read about them from past disgruntled customers.

We are still trying to resolve this and will post the outcome here on as soon as we hear from Supreme Outlet as to what they plan to do regarding our claim. If this doesn't get resolved by us getting our money back, then I plan to take this to the NY State BBB, and NY dept. of Consumer Affairs and will post on this site as well as others. We really have been ripped off here and are getting very frustrated.

Had an Experience with Supreme Outlet?

Comments

Chris Askew
Miami, Florida, United States #597602

Smae here! We ordered a wine cooler from Supreme Outlet and it arrived damaged. They did send another one and it arrived damaged as well. We are now going back and forth with the warranty company, which has not been much more help - Consumer Priority Service out of Brooklyn, NY. We have had the cooler for over a year and it has never worked for more than 3 weeks.

Very poor customer service from Supreme Outlet - They dont return phone calls, hardly ever answer the phone and should be shut down!!!

Another Pissed Consumer!